Get to know Lisbon
The Capital of Portugal sits at the mouth of the Atlantic on the river Tajo, the largest river in the Iberian Peninsula. The friendly city welcomes every visitor with open arms and never fails to seduce with its colourful charm. It’s easy to fall in love with Lisbon and as soon as you arrive you’ll see why. With its picturesque painted blue houses and beautiful hilly streets you’ll want to walk everywhere and your first place of interest may be the National Museum. Don’t forget to go to the old districts of Castelo and Alfama where time seems to stand still and later pass away your night in the neighbourhood of Barrio Alto in Bica a Cais do Sodre where all the cool and lively nightspots are. You won’t be bored in Lisbon.
Activities in Lisbon
• From the Santa Catalina lookout you get a charming view of the Tajo river and surroundings; the harbour and the 25th April bridge ( a descendent of the Golden Gate Bridge here in Lisbon). A walk through the Alfama neighbourhood and you’ll hear the local housewives and elderly singing their ‘fados’, which are traditional songs about daily life to help them while their go about their chores.
• If you go to the West of the city, you find the dramatic steep cliffs of the coast and their numerous coves. Here you can relax and take a break with your camper.
• Once you’ve had your fill of Lisbon, we recommend that you do some must see places nearby such as Sintra, one of the smallest cities of the country. Owing to its pleasant climate, it has a wealthy refuge of endangered plants and species, a large amount of natural beauty.
• Further south you will find the natural reserve of Serra Arabida where people who love fresh air, walking, cycling and excursions of all types tend to go
• And if you’re really lucky, you might even see a group of dolphins swimming in search of food in Lisbon’s Setubal Bay.
Where to rent a camper
In Hanggtime, we make it easy for you to rent a camper: when you arrive at the airport of your destination, we will be there waiting for you to take you to your van.
As well as all the information regarding the camper, we offer advice and recommendations in order for you to make the most of your trip and the places you are thinking of going to. Our goal is your goal: to enjoy everything possible, every minute of the adventure of your van holiday.
Van rental Conditions
You can contact Hanggtime with any question that arises, not only about your camper, but also privileged info about the place you are visiting and any queries you have. The vans will be given to you with full water and petrol tanks, and of course in the best technical conditions.
The camping equipment includes two chairs, a table and a complete crockery set with plates and cutlery for an additional cost. Also we provide travel beds. The only thing missing is a bit of good humour and the enthusiasm for an adventure, pyjamas, a sleeping bag and a pillow. On your return you only need to give back the camper in a good condition and we’ll take care of the final cleaning.